Project Home • Blog • Forums • Known Issues • External Project Link • Contact Project
Author: Laura Arguello (All RIAForge projects by this author)
Mango Blog is an extensible blog engine released under the Apache license. It provides the core engine to administer and publish entries and the necessary architecture to extend its basic functionality by adding plugins. Mango Blog can be easily customized by the use of exchangeable and completely customizable skins.
1. Create a database or have one (can be non-empty) database ready.
2. Upload the unzipped files to the public folder where you want to have your blog at. (Make sure your zip utility and ftp includes empty directories, check for assets/content directory)
3. Navigate to that folder with a browser
4. You should be redirected to http://www.example.com/theFolderWhereYouUploaded/admin/setup/setup.cfm
5. Follow the wizard instructions
6. It is recommended that you delete the folder admin/setup after you finish installing your blog
-Note: If you use MySql 4 or 5 with CF 7, you need to set up your datasource in the CF admin because CF 7 doesn't come with the suitable drivers. This means you cannot choose "No" in the first step of the wizard.
-Another note: Make sure your directory is writeable by CF.
* ColdFusion 7.01 or higher or Railo 3
* MySQL or MSSQL database
Mango makes use of the createObject() function, cffile, and cfdirectory tags, so they must be enabled.
Known to work with Railo 2, MS SQL 2000, MS SQL 2005, and MySQL 5
This project has an external bug tracker. You can find it here:
Adobe and the Adobe product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.